Monday, November 25, 2013

Family, 

This week we spent up in Iquique. It was super weird to return back to a city that I haven't been to for 1 year. It was great and as I walked through the streets it seemed like all of the memories i had there were like a dream. We arrived in the late afternoon on Monday and that night we were able to visit a few people. We passed by a few converts and at the end of the night we passed by the Bernal Diaz family. They were a family that we worked with and helped them in the process of reactivation and the daughter was baptized. They actually moved to a different area and live in a different ward so we had to take a taxi to get there. But it was so great to see them. They are still super active and are doing great. He has a great job now, they live in a great apartment, and just recently had a baby boy. They both have callings in their ward as well. It brought me such a joy to see them how they were and to see the change for good that they have gone through. I couldn't stop smiling. They are trying to prepare to go to the temple with their two daughters and their new son. The first daughter is named Monserat and she is 10 now. But she is the one that was baptized and the one that learned how to read by the Book of Mormon. The other daughter is Camila and she just barely turned 8 and this next week the dad is going to baptize her. It was a special experience. 

The day after that I worked in my very first area in the mission. Lynch. It was great and I had a great exchange with one of the missionaries that lived with us in Calama. The day after that we worked in another area in Iquique with a different set of zone leaders. I worked with a missionary who is from my group of missionaries from the MTC. On Thursday we had to take a bus to a city that is up the dirt mountain a little bit. It is called Alto Hospicio. I was able to work with Elder Christianson. He is from Provo and went to Timpview high school. He has been here for just over a year and he is a fantastic missionary. He is one of those missionaries who just "gets it". I had a blast working with him and he is one of my close buddies in the mission. 

We left yesterday afternoon and then got back to Antofagasta last night. Anyways i had a great time working with the missionaries this week and it is always super great to get out and to see what we can improve on and the success that we are having. This week we are going to work with Calama and i will see Elder McCusker. Then we will come back and help with transfers. we are already in to the last week of the transfer. I don't know how the time has flow by so fast this transfer. 

But I hope that you have a great thanksgiving week. I have really seen the importance of gratitude and the change that it has had in my life as a missionary and as a son of God. I hope that each of you will sit down for a bit this week and reflect on the many blessings and the goodness and greatness of our God. Here are a few things that I will list. I am grateful for a family who supports me and loves me. I am grateful for the plan of salvation and that we as a family can live together forever. I am grateful for the priesthood and its keys and inspired leaders who have blessed my life. I am grateful for my companion and the many things that he teaches me. I am grateful for these people who surround me, and the love that the Savior gives me for them. I am grateful for the priesthood and the saving ordinances that are performed by it. I am grateful for a Savior who knows me, understands me, and loves me. I am grateful for His Atonement, and the blessings that it gives me to be sanctified from sin and become like Him. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who always watches over us and takes care of us. I know that gratitude is a virtue of Godliness and by doing so  will help us come closer and align ourselves to the Lord`s will. I want all of you to know that I love you and am grateful for the impact you have had in my life. Have a great week! 

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment