Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Family,

Thanksgiving looked great! I can only imagine all of the yummy food
that you all ate. I am sure that you were stuffed. Ha ha Keira is
looking good up on that horse. The picture reminds me a lot of a
little boy that age who was also on a horse that looked similar. (Me
and Bo) But I am glad that you guys enjoyed your thanksgiving week.
Hope that you don't freeze up there. I imagine it is starting to get
pretty cold.

This week was great. On Monday Tuesday and Wednesday we were in
Calama. We were able to work with them for two days. I worked with
Elder McCusker the second day and his companion on the first. It was
great we had a great exchange. We found some great new investigators
and it was fun to be able to work with Elder McCusker again. On
Wednesday morning we went to one of Elder Villarroel´s old sector to
visit some of his converts and then we left that afternoon. It was a
great few days back up in Calama. That is a special place for me. It
is like it is sacred to me. So many wonderful experiences and people
remain there.

Thursday we had thanksgiving. Ha ha it was awesome! We actually had a
thanksgiving dinner. We went to the mission home and with the Dalton's,
The senior couple and the elders from the office, and a few elders
from Antofagasta. I was surprised by how great it actually was for not
being in the states. There was turkey, funeral potatoes, jello, yams,
stuffing, gravy, small little bread rolls. fruit salad, and mashed
potatoes. Wow it was awesome for our circumstances! It was really good
to be with some of the missionaries and have our own little
thanksgiving and to be with our own "little missionary family". After
that there was a missionary who go homes this transfer but left a
couple days early and we had his little farewell testimony meeting
after with president and sister Dalton.

We have been preparing for transfers all week long. This next week is
going to be very busy. We have to drop off the missionaries who are
going home, pick up the new missionaries, we have mission leadership
council and then prepare for our zone conferences for this whole next
month. Basically the whole month we are going to be travelling the
mission doing zone conferences. It will be an adventure! While we stop
in certain cities for zone conferences we will work with missionaries
with the extra time that we have.  I am super excited for this next
transfer it is going to be great. My companion is going to be Elder
Pinto. He is from Argentina and is a stud missionary. I am stoked to
have him as my companion and I am excited to learn from him and work
with him.

Anyways hope you enjoyed the photos from our P-day today. It was a
blast! Cool to go see some of the cool things that are here in Antofagasta. Anyways I love you all and am grateful for your example in my lives. I am excited for this Christmas season and to reflect more about the savior and what we can give him.

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment