Wednesday, December 5, 2012


¡Hola Famila! Espero que esten bien. 

Hello my sweet family and wonderful friends. I hope that you are all well and are enjoying this Christmas season. As far about the news about transfers... I am going to Arica! I leave today at 5:30 and I am going to be in the sector Zapahuira with Elder Lastarria. I know that I am going to be in the furthest north in Chile the furthest north in Arica. I am going to be on the border of Arica and Peru and it is going to be hot hot hot. I don't know really anything about my companion and sector but Arica is going to be awesome! I am so excited. 

We had another really busy week and it was a great last week to finish the transfer. The baptism of Graham went awesome. This kid is going to be so great. I know that he is going to do great things for the church in these last days. We baptized him on Friday and then I confirmed him Sunday morning. He told me thank you so much for being the miracle in his life. But in reality it was a miracle that we found him. I am so grateful to the Lord for letting us teach him and baptize him. I hope to see this guy doing great work for other people and I really hope that he will consider serving a mission. 

We have been working with a part member family who is less active. The mom was baptized when she was young and then one of the daughters was baptized in June but had a few problems and then was unsure of herself. I had lost contact with them and hadn't seen them for a while. But one day as we were walking down the street I saw them from a distance and contacted her and we have been meeting with them. They daughters have been attending church with the mom and then the younger daughter who is not baptized took out all of her piercings the other day when we went there. The younger daughter knows that the church is true and we are just trying to prepare her for baptism. The dad also has begun listening to us and Elder Tym is going to work with him. I hope that they can baptize this family. 

Yesterday in church they gave me a bit of time and I announced that I would be going to Arica. I then took some time and bore my testimony to the members. The spirit was very strong and there were many who had tears in their eyes. I love this ward so much and I am going to miss it. In my testimony I talked about the 3 fold mission of the church and explained each part of it to the members. Perfect the Saints, Proclaim the gospel and redeem the dead. We had a great testimony meeting and then after church we took pictures with many of the members. It was sad as I saw these little girls of the families that we had worked with cry hahaha but it is nice to know that we have had some impact in the lives of these people. It makes me so happy to see the change that comes as we guide the people to come unto Christ. So see the blessings come into their lives and to change. 

After church we finished the day working. We are also teaching a husband whose family is members but he is not. The spirit was really strong and I challenged him to be baptized. He knows that the church is true he just needs to receive the confirmation from the Lord so he can have his own testimony. He accepted and I am hoping that Elder Tymczyszyn can baptize him. I would love to see some of these families go to the temple and be sealed. 

Anyways reflecting back on this last sector I have learned many things. We weren't able to watch the Christmas devotional but i went to the LDS web page and read a bit of it. I just add to what president Monson said what a great quote It is well to remember that he who gives money gives much; he who gives time gives more; but he who gives of himself gives all.” I hope that we can come unto our savior in this time when we have to reflect more upon him. And like president Monson said give ourselves to others. Because he who loseth his life, shall find it. Have a great week family. I love you so much. I love this work and am happy to be here! 


Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment