Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hello familia I hope that all is well. I am in Arica and it is hot hot hot! Its super hard to believe that it is Christmas time because we are in the middle of summer down here! Much to update! I hope that you are all doing well.

Monday night I arrived to Arica at 11 pm and then I went with the Zone leader Elder Lucero from Cali to his pension. We slept in his pension and waited both of our companions who were coming from Antofagasta. Tuesday morning arrived elder Lastarria. He has been in the mission for 9 months now and is doing really well. He is from buenos aires and is 19 years old. Our pension is super clean and super nice. It is the nicest pension I have seen in the whole mission. We are with Elder Todd who is an ex assistant and his companion Elder Sunderland. Elder Todd is training Elder Sunderland but elder Todd leaves this Saturday because the church is sending a group of missionaries home early for Christmas. So there are special transfers this Saturday and we are not really sure what is going to happen. But Tuesday we went and bought some food and went straight to work. The people are very nice here. In Iquique the people are a little bit more tough and hardened but here they are more nice. I am in a little town it is so calm and quiet. Iquique was very loud with cars and trucks honking all the time but Arica is very calm. It is very weird ha ha because I was so used to Iquique. My companion is obedient to which I am so grateful. This week we have just been working on finding finding and finding. The Lord has led us to some great people who seems that have potential. This week we have many lessons with potential new investigators that will be great. Unfortunately none of the investigators that we had found and taught came to church. We were expecting 2 investigators that said they would come to church and we went to go to their houses to pick them up and they were sleeping and we couldn't get them to come to the doors and we don't have a cell phone right now so we didn't´t have many options. 

Yesterday we went to go teach a member  who is a lady who lives alone with her daughter. My companion looked over to me as it was my turn to teach a lesson. I began to flip through my scriptures asking Heavenly Father what do i teach what do i teach and then I saw Mosiah 24 and thought that I would share that. We had a great lesson as we talked about how the lord will help us take the burdens off our back if we come unto him and trust him patiently waiting on him. She started to cry as she told us many of the problems that she has been facing with not having work and not having a job. It was a blessing. After that she gave us a reference to a family that we could go teach so I was happy. 

The other day we were passing by a house and then I started to slow down a bit and then me and my comp looked at each other and we knew we were supposed to go that house. I went in and talked to the lady and she said that  she was just talking with her friend how the Lord has blessed her in her life, then i talked to her a little bit about the church and as i continued to talk to her she became interested and told us to come back when he daughter is there so we will pass by this week. Stuff like this happens almost everyday but I love when the Lord guides us to people who are ready to receive the gospel. Our ward seems pretty good like they are wiling to help and work with us. So I am excited to see what we can do this transfer. 

Today we went to the beach with the two zones from Arica and played ultimate Frisbee and football!!!!! Not soccer football. But real American football!! It was really fun! I met a few new cool elders a few that went to Timpview high school and they seem really good. I am excited to be able to talk to you in 15 days! It honestly doesn't seem like its going to come! I hope that you are enjoying this Christmas season! I include you all in my prayers and think about you all! I know this work that we do is real, that we are guided every single day. As long as we are obedient, work our tails off and work smart, the Lord will bless us with many opportunities and success. This Wednesday we have a mini zone conference so that will be sweet!

Love you all,

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment